Yes, I know Android 4.0 ICS firmware is there for the MiniX in two flavours: June and July and some custom roms. But, Android 2.3.6 has a lower DDR memory clock speed so less heat. That’s why I flashed it.
The first tests, I flashed the mele_JD_20120612_v1.6.img, which comes directly from Mele.cn and is intended for their A1000/A2000 boxes.
- Is a lot faster than 4.0 ICS
- Is a lot cleaner than 4.0.
- Has more free memory: 167 mb
- Has 1080P60. Is even faster on HDMI 480P.
- Runs kernel 2.6.36
- Has soft power down that works.
Some problems too:
- Youtube HQ doesn’t work
- No root patch included
Since this is so fast, I’m running this rom now for a while!